GeoShack’s Commitment to Online Privacy
The GeoShack family of companies respects your right to privacy. This policy summarizes what personally identifiable information we may collect, and how we might use this information. This policy also describes other important topics relating to your privacy.
The Information We Collect Online and How It’s Used
You can browse our Web site without entering any personal information and therefore remain anonymous during your visit. Only general non-personally identifiable information that GeoShack logs from all site visits, such as Internet service provider, operating system/browser type, and pages accessed, will be collected in those instances. This means that a user’s session will be tracked, but the user will not be individually identified. There are times, however, when we or our business partners may need information from you. For example, you may choose to give us personal information when you:
* Purchase products or services
* Register as a user of GeoShack products
* Make requests for materials, customer and other services, and product support, repairs and upgrades
* Subscribe to newsletters and online services
* Enter GeoShack-sponsored contests, sweepstakes and other promotions
* Create a user profile to receive future information, special offers and communications
At such times we may ask you to provide contact and billing information (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiration date), as well as information about the product or service purchased (e.g., product I.D., serial number, customer number, product version). We also may request demographic or other personal information, however, volunteering such information is optional with you. We may use the information you provide to notify you later about new developments with respect to the products and services you have purchased; to inform you about new products, special offers and services offered by GeoShack its family of affiliated companies or its business partners; to provide you with a more personal experience on our site; or to analyze sales trend data as it relates to geography, time, and demographics. In all such cases, GeoShack keeps the information you provide confidential.
Data collected online may also be combined with information you provide through other avenues, such as through warranty card product registration.
Google Analytics employs cookies to define user sessions, which allows for the collection of data about how visitors are using the websites. Google Analytics uses only first-party cookies for data analysis. This means that the cookies are linked to a specific website domain, and Google Analytics will only use that cookie data for statistical analysis related to your browsing behavior on that specific website. According to Google, the data collected cannot be altered or retrieved by services from other domains.
If you choose, you can opt-out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your web browser or by visiting the Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google Analytics. GeoShack uses remarketing with Google Adwords and analytics to display content specific advertisements to visitors that have previously visited our site when those visitors go to other websites that have the Google Display Network implemented.
Google Analytics Terms of Service
Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites
With Whom We Share Information
In the ordinary course of business GeoShack will not sell, trade or rent your individual identifying information to others. GeoShack may share the personal data you provide online with GeoShack’s family of affiliated companies, its agents and/or business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described above or otherwise to support your customer relationship. In all events, GeoShack requires that its affiliates, agents and business partners keep confidential any individual identifying information disclosed to them. (In the unlikely event of a sale or transfer of assets by GeoShack outside the normal course of business, such customer information may be one of the transferred assets.)
GeoShack will not share personal identifying information provided to us online except as stated above without allowing you the opportunity of consenting to or opting out of such disclosures. When you place an order for GeoShack products, register as a user of GeoShack products, services or promotions, or when you submit a user profile you are given the opportunity of notifying us as to whether you would like to receive future information, special offers and communications via email. All unsolicited email marketing and promotional communications contain an opportunity for you to decline future communications. Additionally, at any time you can opt-out of receiving such further information from GeoShack by sending your opt-out request by email. GeoShack will use its best efforts to comply promptly with all such requests. Email us for more information
Children and Parents
GeoShack does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under age 13 without the permission of the child’s parent or legal guardian. Children under the age of 13 should submit personally identifiable information to GeoShack only with the explicit permission of their parent or legal guardian. Where appropriate, GeoShack will instruct children not to submit personal information. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be removed, you may email us at the address below and GeoShack will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
Our website may contain links to other sites. We do not endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Information Security and Quality
GeoShack intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personal identifying information. Industry-standard encryption technologies are employed when receiving or transferring sensitive data such as personal identifying information in order to prevent its unauthorized use. Only employees of GeoShack, GeoShack affiliates, or GeoShack’s third-party agents, who need the information to perform a specific task (for example, order processing and fulfillment), are granted access to personal identifying information. We will make a sincere effort to respond in a timely manner to your requests to review or correct any personal identifying information that GeoShack may maintain about you.
How to Contact Us
If you have requests or questions in connection with this Privacy Statement please Email us for more information
Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. ACCEPTANCE. All orders are subject to final acceptance by GeoShack and may not be altered in its behalf except in writing by an authorized GeoShack employee. GeoShack’s acceptance of all orders is contingent upon approval of the purchaser’s credit.
2. PRICES. Prices for future orders are subject to change without notice. GeoShack reserves the right to correct clerical errors. All prices are FOB the applicable GeoShack office.
3. TAXES. The amount of any present or future sales, use or similar taxes and import or export tariffs applicable to this transaction shall be payable by the purchaser when and as incurred.
4. TERMS OF PAYMENT. Payment Terms are stated on the customer invoice, and if not indicated, customer terms are 30 days from date of receipt of equipment. Cash discount terms, if applicable, are indicated on the face of our acknowledgment and invoice. Net cash will be due and payable upon delivery. Foreign orders require a sight draft or letter of credit in lieu of normal terms. If total payment is not made on or before the specified due date, the purchaser agrees to pay service charges at the rate of 1.5% per month per unpaid balance and to pay all collection charges incurred by Goshawk’s including reasonable attorney’s fees.
5. CANCELLATION. Cancellation of all or part of an order through no fault of GeoShack, shall not be binding on GeoShack unless notice of cancellation is received by GeoShack at least 30 days before the scheduled delivery date on the face of acknowledgement. If cancellation is agreed by GeoShack, the customer may be subject to a charge for any special work performed. Cancellation by failure of GeoShack to deliver as promised can be made only if GeoShack cannot deliver the items within 30 days from notice of intent to cancel.
6. RETURNS. Prior to return, all customer returns must be approved by an authorized GeoShack employee. Returns shall be shipped prepaid by the purchaser. GeoShack shall not be responsible for damage in shipment. Purchaser must enclose a packing slip or note containing his name, address, phone number and description of the problem with any returns. Warranty repairs will be returned to purchaser via surface transportation, unless purchaser specifically authorizes return by air shipment and agrees to pay the cost. All returns are subject to a minimum 10% restocking charge and no returns, except for items needing service will be accepted without prior authorization not beyond 30 days from the receipt.
7. CLAIMS. Any claims for shortages, damages, or delays shall be made by purchaser direct to the carrier. GeoShack shall supply additional copies of invoices and transportation receipts and other information necessary for the filings of any claim against the carrier by purchaser.
8. TITLE AND SECURITY INTEREST. GeoShack retains title to the goods until buyer performs all his obligations under this contract. GeoShack retains a security interest in the goods, including all accessions to and replacements of them, to secure performance of all buyers’ obligations arising under this agreement.
9. DELIVERY. Delivery and Acceptance of Delivery occurs when the product shipped from a GeoShack office or delivered to the customer by an authorized GeoShack employee. GeoShack will maintain delivery schedules as closely as possible, but all advance shipping dates are best estimates only, and GeoShack assumes no liability for loss or consequential damages for delay.
10. WARRANTY. The warranty on items sold by GeoShack is as specified by the manufacturers of those items. GeoShack’s liability during the warranty period is limited to servicing or adjusting any product returned to the factory for that purpose, and to replacement of any defective parts whether the unit is returned or not. The foregoing states the entire liability of GeoShack to the Purchaser in connection with its products. GeoShack shall not be held responsible for consequential damages of any kind, and the foregoing in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied. This warranty shall be in effective only in the event the purchaser complies fully and promptly in making all payments required under GeoShack terms of payment. This warranty is applicable only to the original Purchaser on sales made directly by GeoShack or by an authorized dealer or distributor.
11. SPECIFICATIONS. GeoShack reserves the right to change specifications or to discontinue products at any time. There is no obligation to retain previous specifications or to incorporate modifications on instruments sold separately. Should purchaser make any changes in specifications involving additional engineering, postponement of cancellation of any order, purchaser agrees to pay GeoShack a reasonable charge therefore.
12. USE OF DATA. Purchaser shall treat as confidential all drawings and data submitted by GeoShack pertaining to price, size, and design, Purchaser shall not give or show such drawings or data to others under any circumstances, unless specifically approved by an authorized GeoShack employee. All such drawings and data shall remain GeoShack property.
13. GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS. GeoShack hereby certifies that these goods were produced in compliance with all applicable requirements of Sections 6, 7, and 12 of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, as amended, and of the regulations and orders of the United States Department of Labor issued under Section 14, thereof.
14. AGREEMENT. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the terms and conditions on the face and reverse of the acknowledgement constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and shall not be modified by standard clauses in the purchaser’s purchase order or elsewhere.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL
1. PAYMENT. First month’s rent for each unit is due in advance or at the time of delivery. Subsequent rental payments are due in full at the beginning of each rental period. On the final invoice any rentals cancelled during a billing cycle will be prorated from the last billing to the date of return by the following policy: A) If a monthly rental, the rate will revert to the weekly rate. The weekly rate will determined by taking the monthly rate and dividing by three. B) If a weekly rental, the rate will revert to the daily rate. The daily rate will be determined by taking the weekly rate and dividing by three.
2. RENTAL PERIOD. The rental period begins on the delivery of the equipment to the Lessee; and Lessee assumes risk of damage or loss to the equipment from the time of initial delivery until the equipment is returned in good condition to GeoShack.
3. TITLE. Title to the equipment remains to GeoShack.
4. RIGHT OF REMOVAL. In the event that Lessee is in default of any provision of this rental agreement, GeoShack or its representatives shall have the right, in addition to all other rights and remedies provided by law, to immediately remove said equipment from Lessee premises.
5. SERVICE CHARGE. A monthly service charge of up to 1.5% will be calculated on the unpaid balance that exceeds the standard terms of the invoice.
6. INSURANCE. Lessee shall keep the equipment insured in an amount equal to the unit price shown on the invoice.
7. LIABILITY. Lessee agrees to indemnify and hold GeoShack harmless from any liability arising from the use of the equipment. GeoShack shall not be held responsible for consequential damages of any kind, and the foregoing is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied.
8. DAMAGE. Lessee agrees to be solely responsible for the cost to repair any damage caused to the equipment while in Lessee care and control. GeoShack will be responsible for any normal wear on the equipment.
9. ASSIGNMENT. Lessee shall not assign this agreement.
10. DEFAULT. Lessee shall be deemed in default of this rental agreement if it: A) Fails to make any rental payment when due. B) Fails to perform any other term or condition of this agreement. C) Becomes insolvent makes an assignment for benefit of creditor or Bankruptcy Act.
11. SECURITY INTEREST. Lessee authorizes GeoShack to file a financing statement without Lessee’s signature to protect any security interest in the equipment arising herein.